If you are running the November 2009 CTP version of the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in, your add-in expired on April 1st.
When you try to start PowerPivot for Excel using SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP (aka CTP3), you receive the following message:
“Your beta software has expired. Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove the beta software from your computer”
The SQL Server team will re-release the November 2009 CTP version of the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in with an extended expiration date very soon.
Updates to All-Up BI and SQL Server R9.2 Demo
Users of the R2 will need to uninstall the current version of PowerPivot for Excel and re-install using the new CTP3 version.
· Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
· Click Add or Remove Programs.
· Click Change or Remove Programs.
· In the Currently installed programs list, click your installed version of PowerPivot for Excel (64bit), and then click Remove.
· When you are prompted with the question of whether you want to remove the add-in, click Yes.